Monday, June 6, 2011

Best gluten-free sandwich bread and gluten-free hot dog buns



It's official. I have a new favorite brand of gluten free sandwich bread and hot dog buns. And we found them completely by accident. We were in the store shopping for EnerG Tapioca Buns. The store didn't have them. My husband said that he'd seen a new brand in the freezer section that we should try. I reluctantly agreed. Very reluctantly (you know how scary trying a new gluten-free bread can be...). But I came away from our little Memorial Day BBQ wanting to smooch my hubbie!

Udi's is the closest thing (by far) to a normal bun I've had since I was diagnosed (flavor, texture and even shape). So, I decided to try their sandwich bread...and what do you know? I'm eating sandwiches on store bought bread again without using the toaster! The flavor is really normal, and they've done something with the texture to make it light and...fluffy? (I'm not sure that's the word, but think almost the gluten-free version of Wonder Bread).

A bit expensive (like all pre-made gluten-free bread)? Yep. Worth it to not have to pull out the bread machine every time I want a fresh tasting sandwich or hot dog? Yep!

If you head to your freezer section and try them out, I don't think you'll be sorry!! Let me know what you think, and if you've tried the multi-grain version. I think it's next on my list, but as always...I'm a bit sceptical.

Here's a link I found for a $1 off coupon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm with @Jackie Champion on this. I just tried Bavarian's gluten free sandwich bread and it is the best..even better than Udi's but shh you didn't hear that from me.

    ReplyDelete