Thursday, April 16, 2009

Brands that I could marry

I just have to give a shout out to a couple of brands that I am absolutely in love with. Any company that is going to make my little gluten-free life easier with great labeling, deserves my recognition!

KRAFT
Kraft says, "We understand how important it is for people who have been medically diagnosed with gluten sensitivity to have accurate information about foods to help plan their meals and diets. Our policy for all Kraft products, including Oscar Mayer and Nabisco brands, is to list gluten-containing ingredients in the ingredient statement on the package label."

AWESOME. If there is any wheat, barley, rye or oats in any Kraft food, it will be clearly labeled. How's THAT for helpful. Finding a for-sure gluten-free salad dressing just got a lot easier. They own a ton of brands, though: Cool Whip, Oscar Mayer, Nabisco...etc.etc.

I am in love with Kraft.

GREAT VALUE
I have to say, GO WALMART! I have noticed that they do an exceptional job of labeling their products as Gluten-Free if they are. There's nothing better than that kind of simplicity. They also do a good job at making little disclaimers on the label about possible cross-contamination, which manufacturers aren't required to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment