Thursday, April 16, 2009

Current Gluten-Free Favorites

BREAKFAST:



Can you tell I'm a cereal girl? :) I'll never forget the conversation that went on at my dietitian's office that made my day:

Me: "So I heard that Safeway carries a cereal called Fruity Nuggets that is gluten-free?" Me on the inside: "Please tell me I get to eat something in the mornings besides Chex...I love Chex...but every morning for the rest of my life could get a little dicey."

Dietitian: "Well...real Fruity Pebbles are actually gluten-free too, but they have zero nutritional value."

Me, acting disinterested: "Oh, really. Huh." Me on the Inside: "Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!! Like I care! They are one of my favorites!"


LUNCH:

String Cheese and Cheese Sticks with Yogurt or Salad



DINNER IN:

Mexican (tacos or enchiladas) with Trader Joes or Mission Corn Tortillas, and homeade sauce


DINNER OUT:



Austin Grill (I'd actually never eaten there til I started the diet. Then I discovered they had a gluten-free menu, and gave it a try and YUM. Just YUM. The Taco Salad...scrumptious.)


SNACKS:

String Cheese
Trader Joe's Buccaneer Joes White Cheddar Corn Puffs
Cheetos
Corn Chips and Salsa (Sam's Choice(Walmart) Southwestern Black Bean and White Corn Salsa....YUM)
Greens or Bryers Ice Cream (any flavor without harmful mix ins)

2 comments:

  1. Karen O’Keeffe
    Community Relations Coordinator
    Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza & Sports Bar
    53 W. Centennial Blvd.
    Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
    okeeffek@bostonpizza.com
    www.bostonsgourmet.com


    BOSTON’S IS A HOT SPOT FOR GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA


    HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO – April 20, 2010– Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar is baking up incredible gluten free pizza. Boston’s is one of the first casual dining concepts to implement gluten-free crust nationally. Boston’s has received positive feedback from guests who suffer from celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Not only can you enjoy a GF pizza in our restaurant or on our patio, but you can even have it delivered to your home, office or party!

    We offer 13 different types of GF pizzas in addition to a build-your-own version. Our creative, gourmet pizzas include everything from our Tropical Chicken with creamy alfredo sauce, pineapple, smoked bacon, and spicy chicken, to our Florentine with fresh spinach and basil, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted garlic.

    “It is not easy to make gluten-free pizza dough and gluten-free products are sometimes hard to find when dining out. Since pizza is one our signature items we wanted to offer a gluten-free product that all of our guests could enjoy while dining at Boston’s.” says Boston’s Vice President of Food Services, Bill Hancox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since writing this post I have found out that the above mentioned salsa has the potential of cross-contamination. When Walmart switched over to their new labeling they added a new warning...something about being processed on the same equipment or in the same facility, or something as wheat. So I had to cease and desist. :) My new favorite salsa is Kirkland (Costco) brand Organic salsa. Comes in big ole containers for a really good price :)

    ReplyDelete