Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ghastly Gluten

So, have you ever wanted to track somebody down and strangle them? Or at least give them a good hard spankin? :) I've spent the last week wishing I knew for sure who glutenized me so I could do just that. :)

Yes, I've had a week and a half of cramping, yucky bathroom issues, horrible nausea every time I eat, shooting headaches, aching...and just all around blah-ness. I'm finally feeling better the past couple of days, so no pity party for me yet, but there for a while it was a wee bit frustrating.

So, what do I think got me? Well, I almost hate to say it because you can never know for sure...but well...I'm pretty sure it was Uno Chicago Grill. Yes, we decided to try a new restaurant that we were all excited about, and that had a big, nice, fancy gluten-free menu. I excitedly ordered a gluten-free pepperoni pizza, and went to town. Yum. By that night, I was feeling pretty ill, and it spiraled from there. Maybe it was a one time thing, and they are usually fine. Maybe it was a mix up. Most probably it was cross-contamination. I don't know. But I do know I was one sick puppy, and will not be eating there again soon.

The silver lining is that Brian (hubby) and I have been wondering ever since I started the diet if I'd even know if I accidentally got some gluten, and how that all worked. I guess now we know! Lucky us! :)

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of www.theceliacscene.com?

    FREE maps to celiac recommended restaurants in cities across Canada for celiacs and the gluten free.

    ReplyDelete