Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gluten-free at PF Changs

My husband took me to dinner at PF Changs yesterday for our anniversary, and I gotta say...best dining out experience so far! Everyone at the restaurant, from the hostess to the waitress, knew exactly what we were talking about when we requested the gluten-free menu. No one was at all surprised or confused. The waitress even volunteered all kinds of helpful info without me even having to ask (i.e. they use seperate woks for all the gluten-free food). And I was so excited when they actually handed me a REAL menu, with only gluten-free options on it! It wasn't a print out from the internet, they didn't hand me their normal menu and tell me what they could change to be gluten-free...it was a complete gluten-free menu!

We started off with the Lettuce Wraps, and then ordered the Chang's Spicy Chicken and the Lemon Chicken. It was all delicious--I was thrilled to be eating a REAL meal. A lot of the times I go to a "gluten-free" restaurant, and end up feeling like I should be happy just to be able to eat a bland meal there. Not the case here...there was breaded chicken, there were sauces, our waitress even knew to bring us gluten-free soy sauce. It was such a great, great experience! Highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. I love PF Changs! Who knew they had a gluten-free menu!

    ReplyDelete